About Cornerstone Church
At Cornerstone Church we believe the church goes way beyond Sundays. We are a church that cares and is committed to strengthening families, marriages, and singles. We love kids, and do our
best to mentor children and teens. No one should have to go through life alone. We want people who love us just the way we are, but exhort us to get better. We want to be a church that loves and believe love is more than a feeling, it is an action.
Our congregation welcomes and invites all denominations. Our leaders are chosen to oversee the business of the church in keeping with the Bible and the direction of the Holy Spirit and we hold one another accountable. It is our desire for our church to be relevant in every day life through bible studies that train us. We are committed to praying for the needs of our church, community, and nation. We want our church to improve people's lives, not burden them. We counsel people in an uncomplicated, common-sense way about what the Bible has to say about marriage, raising kids, finances, stress and the dozens of other real issues people face in every day life.
Cornerstone is affiliated with the Fellowship of Christian Assemblies. The Fellowship of Christian Assemblies (FCA) is a fellowship of autonomous, evangelical churches with historical roots within the Pentecostal movement. We view ourselves as called of God to share in mutual Christian care and practical cooperation in carrying out the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Though sharing some common background in the Pentecostal movement, the Fellowship of Christian Assemblies should be distinguished as a separate body from the Assemblies of God.
We affirm our commitment to both local-church autonomy and inter-church cooperation as biblical norms for our life and ministry.
We also affirm our call to work in the spirit of life and unity with all true believers in our common ministry within the kingdom of God. Click here to learn more about the Fellowship of Christian Assemblies.
Statement of Faith
- the Bible is the inspired Word of God, both concerning the Old and New Testaments.
- in one God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.
- that Man was created in the image of God but because of disobedience, sinned and now mankinds only hope of forgiveness is Jesus Christ.
- that the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary,was crucified, died, buried, resurrected, ascended into Heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of God.
- that salvation is a gift of God by grace through the shed blood of Jesus Chris for the forgiveness of sin.
- in water baptism by immersion and partaking in the Lord's Supper as set forth by Jesus.
- the Holy Spirit is the promise of God to all believers. His work is to convict of sin and draw us to Christ.
- the baptism of the Holy Spirit is for all believers and is evidenced in speaking in tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance (Acts 2:4).
- in the gifts of the Spirit, and the evidence of the fruits of the Spirit. We believe that all these gifts are available to believers.
- that believers are called to go out with the message of Christ to the whole world and that signs of salvation, deliverance and healing should be evident in their ministry.
- in the eternal salvation for all those who have come to a personal relationship with Christ. We also believe that there will be an eternal punishment for all who have rejected the gift of Jesus.
- in the Christian's hope . . . the soon-coming, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
On Father's Day in 1994 with about 25 people and has continued to grow in numbers and ministry. Cornerstone has outgrown the original building and now is located in Ramsay. Cornerstone is a church that puts a great deal of emphasis on relationships, first with Christ and then how we relate to and love others. We are also a church that strongly believes in missions and are working alongside many missions groups to fulfill the goal of reaching the world with the life changing, transforming message of Jesus Christ.